Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Little Bit of Everything!

Can I just start by saying that this will probably be the most random blog post I have written yet?!  YIKES!  This morning is a rare and beautiful morning.  My husband and daughter are STILL asleep, I'm sitting in front of the fireplace, the house is absolutely quiet, the snowflakes are falling, and I am sipping on a nice hot cup of coffee in my favorite mug...this never happens!  It's 8:30 a.m. people!  WINNING!!!

Anyways, I was struggling to put together this blog post because I thought I had nothing to blog about.  I went into my photos and just started pulling pictures out.  Before I knew it, I've pulled a dozen pictures that I wanted to share with you.  I will try to make these short and sweet and if you want to know more about anything below, leave a comment and I will do another post in more detail!  Like I said, I have warned you...RANDOM IS THE THEME!   

Do you feel like your dry-erase markers are constantly needing to be replaced?  I started doing this about 3 years ago and I love it!

I'm always looking for fun and effective ways to get my students to practice their spelling words.  I call this scribble spelling and my kids had a blast with it!  I know this was effective because their spelling test scores showed it...even with a tough list of Bossy R words!

My kids made these great snowmen last week and then wrote riddles to go along with their snowman.  I absolutely love how they turned out, which inspired me to create a TpT product to go along with them!  I named it my Snowman Buddies Bundle and it includes detailed directions for this project, acrostic poetry, winter literacy centers, creative writing projects, and more!  Just click HERE or on the picture below to purchase this from my store!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Snowman-Buddies-Literacy-Bundle-1070621

This past week we were busy with learning all about penguins!  Every year my penguin unit grows and every year my kids seem more excited to learn about them!  Here are some pictures from Penguin Week.  



I feel like I have been so busy with my little world of TpT lately!  I also combined all of my 2-digit addition and subtraction (with and without regrouping) winter scoot activities into one product!  You can get it for only $5.00!  I have had a lot of feedback on the individual scoot games and some teachers have even taken pictures of their kids playing the games (this is my favorite...so rewarding).  Below you will see a picture of one of the games as well as a picture of the Winter Scoot Bundle.  If you would like to purchase it, just click HERE or on either of the pictures below.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Winter-Scoot-Bundle-4-products-included-1068033

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Winter-Scoot-Bundle-4-products-included-1068033

Lastly, (I told you this was random) I am participating in the Facebook Free-for-all that is going on right now.  If you haven't hopped through it yet, you must!  There are about 80 teachers participating and it is organized by grade level so you can find and download exactly what you are looking for!


Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to use that spelling strategy! I plan on pulling it out maybe once a week in word work center and put it on a bit piece of paper and each group can keep adding to it! I also really want to do those snowmen for their names - just have to find a place to hang them :)

    I love all your pictures - wish I could find some to share, too many other projects going on over here. I'll be anxious to see what happens weather wise up here for us tomorrow?

    Amber
    SSSTeaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amber! Thanks for your sweet comments! I love the idea of having kids add to the scribble spelling! That makes me think of another idea! I might create a big poster with the lines drawn by myself and the kids can all take turns adding to it and once it is finished it can be hung up in the classroom! Yes!

      As for tomorrow's school day...no word yet up here in Frazee but I am thinking that by the looks of things, we will be off or at least 2 hours late. It sounds like it is supposed to be even worse tomorrow?

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I would love to know how scribble spelling works. It looks like it could break up the monotony. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete